Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cold and raining...

Speaking of stew…There’s something about winter that always makes me think of lamb. I ran across this recipe and I think I need to make it.

3 lbs of lamb stew meat
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 potatoes, cubed
15 baby carrots
1 turnip chopped
2 bay leaves
3 cups of water with 3 cubes of beef bouillon
1 tsp salt
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp black pepper
4 tbsp oil
Flour

  1. Heat oil in skillet.

  2. While oil is heating put flour in a paper bag.  Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the flour mixture. Seasonings to taste.

  3. Put some stew meat in bag and shake to cover.

  4. Put meat in pan and brown on all sides.

  5. When all meat is browned add to crockpot.

  6. Add all other ingredients to crockpot.

  7. Cook 6 to 8 hours, depending on your crockpot.

I’ve never used a turnip in stew and so I think I should give it a try. And the recipe says that it will serve 6.

No comments: