Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Egg and I

Eggs (omelette's) and I don't get along. I've always had a tough time with them and so when I saw this omelette maker I had to buy it. It's just the right size for one fancy omelette.
I used 3 jumbo eggs from TJ's the first time and that was a mistake. There was barely enough room to get the salsa casera into it.

So here's the deal...2 jumbo eggs beaten with 1/4 cup of half & half/milk. Pour into omelette maker and cook over medium heat (with top open) for about 2 minutes. Spoon in half a can of salsa casera and close the top; cook for another minute before flipping the omelette maker onto the other side. Let it cook for another 4 or 5 minutes, checking ocassionaly by flipping back over and opening the cover. When done...the omelette jiggles, but only in the center where the salsa resides...flip onto a plate and enjoy!

Of course you can add any darn thing you want to your omelette...let your conscience be your guide.

No comments: