Thursday, December 21, 2006

Traditions

This Christmas will bring us a chance for a new tradition; Tri-tip instead of turkey. I stopped at Chico Locker and Sausage Company the other day and bought 2 roasts. They are pre-marinated and I chose two different marinades, just to make sure that all can enjoy. There is a Santa Maria style dry rub and Yukon Gold…which I was told would be a favorite.

I will have to go back to this store after the holidays and check out the sausage. I saw a lamb sausage that had me interested. One of the best pizza’s I ever had was topped with a lamb sausage (Pizzacato…Lake Oswego, Oregon). With Trader Joe’s pizza dough and some local lamb sausage, I may be able to duplicate it.

And speaking of the Trader; no cookies! There’s not a single box of Christmas Jo-Jo’s to be had. "Maybe next year", was the answer from the clerk.

But I did discover that TJ sells condensed milk as well as evaporated milk and at prices way below the supermarket level. Good job!

No comments: