Friday, August 18, 2006

Cafe Mondo

It's a coffee shop review and I may have hit paydirt here. I stopped at the Cafe Mondo because of a recent CN&R review of coffee shops, plus my daughter had told me it was worth trying. It's not much to look at from the outside and inside, it's decor is junkyard chic. Comfortable would be a good word to use, but service was great! The coffee, a latte, was right on! Temperature and taste were all to my liking; and they encourage reading at this store, with plenty of newspapers and magazines to choose from. To eat, I had a great orange and white chocolate scone. ("Would you like me to heat that up for you?" Yes!)

Of course I will have to try it again, just to make certain. I've been fooled before. (Higher Grounds) Then I have to try Has Beans in the downtown area...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Actually I love Cafe Mondo...of course for the decor! But Has Beans is my other favorite...just a nice place to be anonymous and have a cuppa...

Anonymous said...

BTW...there is a new Has Beans on Humboldt...small but nice outside area right up there with Cafe Flo's outside area...Betcha didn't know there was an outside???