Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Prestige

We watched this the other night and you will get two different reviews from us. I loved it and Laurae didn't like it at all.

"At the dawn of the 20th century, rival magicians Robert Angier (Hugh Jackman) and Alfred Borden (Christian Bale) are desperate to reveal each other's secrets. Obsessed by the escalating competition, the two illusionists begin to perform increasingly risky tricks -- which soon turn deadly. Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson and David Bowie also star in this taut psychological thriller from director Christopher Nolan."

I must admit that at the end, I wasn't really sure of who was who anymore? But it was still a great movie!
I must also note that the movie plays fast and loose with history and the story of Tesla. Tesla was a genius but he wasn't able to duplicate matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked this movie. Anything with Christian Bale is usually a good bet. Starting with his first movie Empire of the Sun. It was great. I have only seen a few of his movies, but I even liked his Batman.