Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pork

It’s time for a recipe here…as you may already know, pork is no longer flavorful. Yes, it’s lean and gets to market itself as “the other white meat.” But it’s just white meat, not necessarily flavorful.

I really do like pork, but I need to find ways to add some flavor to it and here’s a recipe that I tried yesterday. The original recipe made 6 servings and my revised one serves 3.

1 large boneless pork loin chop
½ yellow onion, diced
1 large banana, diced
Additional vegetables as desired (I used a ¼ bag of TJ’s frozen Mexican corn)
Vegetable oil
15 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
Cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Pappy’s Garlic Seasoning

Take one of those large boneless pork loin chops, the kind you buy at Costco. Cut it into bite sized pieces. Take half of a yellow onion and dice it. Season and cook the pork in a skillet with the oil, over medium high heat, until browned. Add the onions and cook until tender and translucent.

Add the bananas, tomatoes and any additional vegetables. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low, stirring occasionally, until the pork is quite tender. About 30 minutes.

While pork is cooking, cook a batch of egg noodles (or rice). I used the egg noodles and stirred it all together before serving. I suppose I would serve the rice separately if I used it.

A very good taste!

No comments: