Saturday, July 30, 2005

Imagine, me, getting good reviews of my zucchini bread! Well, it's true and I have even been asked for the recipe. So here is the one I used.

Zucchini Bread
Serving Size : 2
3 Eggs
1 cup Oil
2 cups Shredded raw zucchini (I probably use close to 2-1/2 cups)
1 3/4 cups Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoons Baking soda
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 cup Chopped nuts (I use walnuts and pecans, mixed 50/50)
2 cups Flour
Put zucchini in strainer and press or squeeze with hands to get excess liquid out. Don't go overboard, a little moisture is OK. Remember...it says, "excess liquid" not all liquid. Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together. Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts. Mix together by hand. Add zucchini (minus liquid). Beat mixture. Pour into 2 greased, floured, loaf pans.Bake 1 hr. at 350 deg. F. Recipe may be doubled.

No comments: